Arthur Miller?!

(I hardly knew 'er!)

I never "read" The Crucible, but I saw the movie. It starred Daniel Day-Lewis, so it was as good as reading. I just liked how they called each other “Goody so-and-so.” Way better than Mr., Mrs., Miss, and the deliberately ambiguous Ms. (“I don’t get it! Is she or isn’t she married?!?!”).

The Crucible
is a great example of how I approached my short-lived English major. I figured it was OK if I didn’t read the book, so long as I watched the movie. HOWEVER, (this is important) the movie had to be a BBC film, produced in part with the BBC, or, feature one or more of the following Brits: Daniel Day[-Lewis], Emma Thompson, Anthony Hopkins, and/or the Queen. Then you know its legit.

-Goody Steinberg

not remotely or in the v. slightest even pretending to do work

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Economy Watch (Or, an Exercise in Parentheses)

Musings of a First Year Teacher

Waiting for Other People: A tragicomedy in two acts