So a horse walks into a bar

(This post title has nothing to do with anything. I’m feeling v. surrealist this AM)

I recently put out a mass e-mail asking my friends if any of them recommended a gynecologist. The response rate is alarming, to say the least—I even got a reply from the pregnant “man”, which I quickly deleted as the idea of a pregnant “man” is seriously bizarre and off-putting and I don’t give a sod if this makes me close-minded.

I’ve never seen my friends and pregnant men respond so quickly to anything I send out, and with such unintentionally amusing responses:

“Why do you want a chick?”
“I only like men touching me…”
“My doctor has dreads and could probably score you some weed…”
“I don’t want to get all psychological, but I think men doctors are gentler for “natural” reasons…”

"I googled "gynecologist" to make sure I was spelling it right, and one of the top hits was a YouTube video entitled "My gynecological visit." What the fuck is wrong with the world?" (ok, this was me, but I consider myself to be friends with myself).

I was just lamenting the other night, in my characteristically brooding way, how I don’t see much of my friends anymore (yet I can watch a stranger's visit to the gyno on effing YouTube?!?). I guess this is all part of being an “adult”: we lose touch with friends and worry about things like who we want to look at our junk in a clinical setting.* Little did I know that combining these two problems would stir up some serious auld lang syne, and provide a morning diversion from the excitement that is my job.

*Note: using the phrase “look at our junk in a clinical setting” just bumped me from the adult category (and the tasteful category). Given this latest development, none of this actually matters anymore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Economy Watch (Or, an Exercise in Parentheses)

Musings of a First Year Teacher

Waiting for Other People: A tragicomedy in two acts