Politics

Hillary Clinton Sweeps West Virginia, the headline read.

Now, how many people actually live in West Virginia? Despite its wildness and wonderfulness, I doubt v. few live outside of Charleston (because it’s the capital) and Morgantown (because it's where the university is). So really, this means that Hillary Clinton sweeps those in Charleston or Morgantown, West Virginia, because everyone else is trapped in a mine and unable to get to the polls.

Any even better headline would be “My coworkers saw Hillary Clinton the other day, but I saw a clown with a Cosi bag walking toward me (literally, a real clown with big floppy shoes and giant tie) as they were telling me the story of seeing Hillary Clinton, and real clown in real time trumps past politico sighting.”

Comments

Jim said…
Are you sure that wasn't Hillary Clinton dressed as a clown? I hear she's pushing really hard to lock up the rural clown vote. It's a surprisingly large voting bloc.

Ironically, the blog I looked at before yours carried the same "Hillary Sweeps West Virginia" headline. His commentary: "State still dirty."

Popular posts from this blog

Economy Watch (Or, an Exercise in Parentheses)

Musings of a First Year Teacher

Waiting for Other People: A tragicomedy in two acts