My word of the day calendar is a worthless piece of crap

I’m angry I paid half-price for this thing. I should have waited until the third week in January for it to be 75% off.

Maybe if I too were a useless piece of crap, this calendar would provide me with an edge over other useless pieces of crap. Then, and only then, I could use words like “leporine” (Has anyone ever, in the history of the world, used this word? Is it even real?) or “Bahrain” (That’s a sodding place!) and they would just look at me in awe:

“Wow. I don’t think you’re useless any more, not with that vocabulary. Now you’re just an ineffective piece of crap, and shouldn’t be hanging around with the likes of us.”

Comments

Jim said…
I just looked up "leporine," and it is truly a useless word. I cannot imagine needing to describe something "of, pertaining to, or resembling a rabbit or hare," and if I do need to describe something as such, I think I'll just go with "rabbit-like."
Unknown said…
Hate to break it to you Mademoiselle Steinberg, but, there's a more cost effective way to learn a new word every day.

Dictionary.com has a "word of the day" email list serve and it's free. If you don't want them cluttering your account with spam, you could manually go to dictionary.com and look up the word of the day.

Popular posts from this blog

Economy Watch (Or, an Exercise in Parentheses)

Musings of a First Year Teacher

Waiting for Other People: A tragicomedy in two acts